Home About Me Websites Apps My Classroom Image Map

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reflecting...


When I started this year I was full of questions: Will I grow as a person in this job?  Will I be able to help my fellow colleagues grow in their own professional development?  Will I make a difference in my school?  Will I make an impact on the students (the way I use too)?  WOW!  All of these questions and how would I get all the answers?  Reflecting, that’s how!

So I am taking a little time and reflecting upon the first six weeks of school.  My first question … will I grow as a person?  Well, that definitely is an easy one to answer, YES!  I am growing everyday as a person and a leader.  Do I still have a lot of growing to do? MOST DEFINITELY!  But what I have learned so far about myself is that when you are good at something share it with the world and when you’re not ask for help, it’s okay!  Asking for help doesn’t make you any less of a leader, as a matter of fact; it probably makes you a better leader!

Will I be able to help my fellow colleagues grow in their own professional development?  I certainly hope that is what I am doing each and every day I walk into my school.  The other Instructional Technology Coach also is very helpful in this department as well.  There are times I am unsure of myself (which happens to all of us from time to time) and she has been there to reassure me and give me advice to help not only my colleagues but myself.

My impact on the school and the students is still a work in progress.  Have I seen students learning and collaborating on a project in which the teachers and I have collaborated? YES!  Is it wonderful? ABSOLUTELY!  But I can not wait to see what will happen next!

Don’t get me wrong, there are obstacles…There are times of self-doubt…There are even times that I ponder if I made the right decision to leave the classroom.  But then, a teacher or a student walks up to me and says “thanks” and I know that my decision was the perfect one!

No comments:

Post a Comment