Home About Me Websites Apps My Classroom Image Map

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DEN Goes Viral Project Success


In the Fall I had the opportunity to participate in a wonderful project with the DEN (Discovery Education Network).  We had to pick a topic and then create a video similar to the “Did You Know” Video created by Scott McLeod. 

Chad Lehman, DEN Community Manager headed the project and I was one of the Team Leaders.  The topic I chose was “iPads In The Classroom”.  I love using iPads in the classroom but wanted to learn more information from other educators.

I created an Edmodo group and approximately 22 members joined the project.  We had a lot of great discussions along with asking everyone to contribute facts for our video.

Tom McLaughlin, a DEN Star, offered to put together the video for us.  He put together the entire video on his iPad1.  Tom also blogged about this experience at Behind The Scenes of the Did You Know iPad Edition

To wrap up the project we had a video conference with Chad Lehman!  We talked about the pros and cons of the project.  Chad wrote a wonderful article which featured our video! 

I hope this summer to have the opportunity to work with the same group of terrific educators along with inviting some new ones to create a part II of our video!



No comments:

Post a Comment